Freekeh with Quail
- Lemon slices
- 1 Tablespoon tomato sauce
- 8 Half-quail pieces garnished with white oil, salt, garlic, vinegar
- ½ Teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 Cups washed freekeh
- 1 Tablespoon vegetables oil
- 1 Tablespoon margarine
- 1 Tablespoon minced onion
- 1 Liter water
- 1 Chicken broth cube
- ½ Teaspoon turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon black pepper
- Heat quail and oil.
- Add onions and stir until soft.
- Add freekeh, and stir over a low heat for ﬁve minutes.
- Add spices, and chicken stock cube, and stir for two minutes.
- Add water, let it boil for ﬁve minutes, then cover and let it simmer over a low heat for 15 min
- Serve with quail and cucumber yoghurt.
You can add green peas while cooking the Freekeh