Saudi Quail Kabsa
- 2 cup Basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon kabsa spices
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 red chili
- 8 quail, cleaned and cut in quarters
- Salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 dried lemons
- 5 cloves
- 5 cardamom
- 1 liter of water (approx.)
- ½ cup of oil & 1 spoon margarin
- Prepare mashed garlic, white ground pepper, vinegar, oil, 5 cardamoms, 1 spoon of tomato sauce, lemon slices, 1⁄2 cup of oil.
- Mix all these ingredients together in a container.
- Soak quail in the mixture for two hours.
- Heat oil and quail in cooker.
- Add dried lemon, cardamom, and cloves
- Stir and add carrots, and keep stirring.
- Add raisins, turmeric, spices, chicken broth, water, and salt.
- Stir until water has boiled, then add rice, and stir as it boils.
- Cover cooker and keep over a low heat for 15 minutes
- Put the quail (on tray) inside the oven, increasing heat to 180 degrees over 20 minutes.
- When both rice and quail are cooked, serve along side a bowl of cucumber yoghurt
Add raisins to taste.Marinating